So you’ve had a bad day – you were late for work, you left your wallet at home, you accidentally hurt someone’s feelings plus a number of irritating events. It is a normal fact of life that ending a stressful day in a dimmed room of candlelight, engulfed in scented bubbles and a glass of red is a great way to unwind from all the stress. Yet, could a spiritual bath be the true answer to our overwhelmed state of minds?
What is a spiritual bath or ritual bath?
A spiritual bath is like no other. It cannot be compared to your daily bath with soap and shampoo. It is a ritual for spiritual cleanliness. Spiritual baths, reminiscent of the ancient Roman baths, require some powerful ingredients which activate the bathwater with their pure vibrations which can clear blockages, ensure a positive state of mind by removing negative thoughts, cleanse your chakras and facilitate a sense of inner peace.
Why do you need spiritual baths?
Spiritual baths have been adopted across cultures as a powerful ritual for spiritual cleansing. If you ever feel energetically drained or unreasonably sad or anxious your chakras and auric field probably need a cleanse. A spiritual or ritual bath is the perfect solution.
Stress is another big culprit and we have a lot of that flying around during this time where Covid is running strife, bringing about lockdowns, economies and such… This constant battering can seriously weigh us down and those blockages prevent us from seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Taking regular spiritual baths intended to eradicate stress or negative thoughts can help us clear those blockages and prevent any stress-induced illnesses.
Spiritual cleansing bath recipes
As we are all very unique and complicated beings, there are a myriad of different ritual baths you can choose from, all for a specific intention.
Purifying spiritual baths to remove negativity
Negative energy comes in many shapes and sizes from anxiety, through to stress and depression. This can make one feel terribly exhausted most of the time and our minds clouded which makes life particularly difficult, not helping the situation either. Adding this bath ritual to your bedtime routine will greatly benefit you and alleviate those uncomfortable feelings.
Negativity spiritual bath ingredients / herbs Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of dead sea salts
- 4 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 2 drops of marjoram essential oil
- 2 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
- 1 drop of basil essential oil
- 2 chamomile tea bags.
- Brew the chamomile tea in two cups of hot water, leaving the tea bags in the cups for at least 10 minutes or until you are ready to get into the tub.
- Combine all the spiritual cleansing bath herbs, salts and oils in a bowl or a mortar and pestle (if you’re lucky enough to have one) and add it to your bath, swirling the water with your hands.
- Set your intention to free yourself of your negative feelings and place the warm, steeped tea bags over your eyes and meditate. You can of course add the chamomile to the bath water to enhance the soothing effect and leave your skin looking radiant.
Spiritual bath for money & success
Everyone dreams of wealth to a certain degree. Whether you want tons of materialistic things like cars and houses or even just to live comfortably and able to provide for your family, a ritual bath for manifesting money and abundance into your life probably wouldn’t hurt.
Spiritual bath for money & success ingredients
- Bay Leaves– attracts luck, wealth and success in your endeavors.
- Patchouli essential oil – Encourages consistent flow of money.
- Cinnamon Sticks– represented by the fire element, it brings money in fast
- Honey- helps the money and abundance you attract stick to you
- 2 Oranges Sliced into quarters – symbolizes goals being reached.
- Citrine Crystal – an abundance stone which attracts wealth.
- Mix bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, honey and patchouli oil into a bowl or mortar and pestle and mash it all up thoroughly whilst chanting your favorite affirmation inviting money and success into your life.
- Get into the tub and hold the citrine crystal in your left hand whilst chanting your positive, money manifesting affirmation.
Spiritual bath for self love.
How many times have you argued with yourself in your head today? It’s okay to admit that we can be quite hard on yourselves. There are a lot of expectations of us in today’s world and the media does not help by brainwashing us into thinking our curves are ugly. We need to practice more self-love and this spiritual bath will facilitate just that.
Self love spiritual bath ingredients / herbs
- Pink Himalayan Salt and/or Sea Salt
- Rose Petals
- Rose quartz crystals
- Rose and Lavender essential oils
- White or Pink Candle
- Intentions to improve self love.
- Much like the previous methods, you must precrush the salt, rose petals and essential oils in a bowl whilst chanting positive affirmations for yourself.
- Place the rose quartz crystals in the water or on the corners of your bath whilst burning a candle to enhance the ambience for self love.
Spiritual cleansing bath with epsom salt
This bath soak will help alleviate stress levels and, particularly, the aches and pains of sore mussels.
Ingredients / Herbs (if applicable)
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons dried chamomile flowers
- 2 tablespoons pine needles
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons peppermint leaves
- Eucalyptus or peppermint essential oil
- Like the other methods you can mash up all the herbs, oils and salts in a bowl prior to mixing it with the bath water, Or you can place them into a muslin cloth tied up with a ribbon, almost like a tea bag.
Spiritual cleansing bath with sea salt
This kind of bath can literally be done by directly swimming in the ocean. Of course, the vast majority of us do not have such luxuries therefore we have to source our sea salt and add it manually to our baths. It sounds laborious but it’s worth it. It will leave you feeling fresh and rejuvenated as the sea salt has amazing aura cleansing properties.
Ingredients / Herbs (if applicable)
- Run and jump into the ocean.
- Fill your bath with hot or warm water and put at least 4 cups of sea salt in.
Key takeaways about cleansing ritual baths
Spiritual baths are the ultimate self-care method. Leaving you feeling rejuvenated. And, your skin will love you for this, too. Feeling overwhelmed? Simply setting aside a portion of your time for a spiritual bath can really help you gain some balance in your life.