Facilitating group regressions is a great way to get more people acquainted with Dolores’ amazing regression work and with you as a practitioner.
Here are some suggestions that I hope will be of help to you:
1. Figure out your group size and class space.
When I started offering group regressions in 2011 I didn’t feel very secure in my ability to address a group/do public speaking and if this is you, then it is helpful to start small so you’ll learn to flex your public speaking muscles.
Consider what is a comfortable stretch for you as a starting point:
– appropriate space in your own home or healing studio
– teaming up with that friend who is great at bringing people together and who loves to entertain groups at their house
– renting a low cost local community hall/room or maybe there’s space at a place of work of yours or a friend that you can use.
– reaching out to spiritual bookstores, yoga studios or mediation studios etc. and see if the regression can be added to their class schedule or if you can rent space.
2. Promoting your event
Use all channels available to you:
* Social media: Facebook, Instagram. Consider running an ad on these too: you can set your audience/demographic and maximum budget to spend. You can use free or low cost apps to design a fun flyer to post on your social media. Apps to consider:
– Word Swag
– Adobe Sparkpost
They often come with free stock images that you can use.
* The website Meetup.com has been super helpful for me when I first started out. It allows you to create a page for your group regressions and you can schedule regular groups. It then automatically alerts people in the vicinity that have an interest in keywords related to your regressions so they can find you.
* Sending out a newsletter. If you have a database of emails of people that have been clients in the past you can alert them of upcoming groups.
After years of doing groups my preferred way to organize them is to partner up with a spiritual center so they can take care of most of the promotion as they most likely have access to a large client database. I worked out a 60/40 or 50/50 revenue split with them and found this the easiest way to go about it: I’ll often repost their fancy graphic designer made social media posts about the event and I just show up and do the group without having to organize anything. The times I rented space I made more money but I spent more time organizing.
3. Designing and doing the group regression
* Figure out what you want to do and how long it’s going to take. Consider if you enjoy talking and sharing about your QHHT experiences or if you’d rather just provide the scripted regressions. (Past life, meeting your guide and future progression)
My preferred structure is a 90 min format as this seems to work well with the schedule of the venues I work with. I love telling people about QHHT and introducing the work, and afterwards I like to help people process their experiences so I only do the past life regression script to give time for this. People seem to learn from others sharing their experiences.
My 90 min format outline:
– 30 min: spent talking introducing QHHT, Dolores, myself, exciting session examples. Explaining what hypnosis is and how easy the process is.
– 40 min: a short centering meditation and setting intentions, followed by the group regression script.
– 20 min: writing down of experiences, some quick light stretching to get everyone back in their bodies and then sharing of experiences.
NOTE: you will at times have people go into lifetimes that aren’t fun and you might have people with tears streaming down their face. No need to panic here as this is people releasing material that they no longer need to hold on to. I don’t draw attention to them by asking them if they’re ok so they can stay with their process but before I open the floor for people to share their experiences I explain this:
* ‘some of you might have had some emotionally charged experiences accessing different lifetimes and you might still be feeling the emotions of it. Because this regression is a healing process, sometimes our Higher Self decides it’s going to help us to release dense emotional baggage. As this is leaving our system we might experience some temporary emotional discomfort but this will fade quickly, it’s a good thing now you’re less burdened and there’s nothing that your conscious mind has to do to clear this as the healing has already happened. Trust it.’
* ‘How to frame challenging past life experiences: E.g. some of you might have had the regression experience where one life after another you found yourself in a lifetime void of relationships, loneliness or depression. These are patterns of loneliness and depression being brought up to be released, NOT the higher self trying to tell you that you’ve been sad/depressed etc in many lives and this one is going to be no different. Even in group sessions profound healing can take place and people have shared life changing experiences with me as a result of a group regression.’
* During the sharing/Q&A mention the benefits of doing a personal session.
– closing: let people know how they can find you, bring business cards, mention incentives to do a personal session (discounted price if they mention the group regression or bring in your business card etc) or incentives for them to sign up for your newsletter so you can grow your client database. Mention future planned group regressions.
* Seating. If you’re working out of a spiritual center and they provide yoga mats or lay-down kind of padding people will want to lay down during the regression. Encourage them to sit up instead because many of them will fall asleep if they try doing the regression laying down.
* Atmosphere. Music can be so helpful to set a conducive vibe. While I am speaking instroducing the work and when sharing after the regression I softly play meditative drone type of soundscapes on a Bluetooth speaker I bring or the music system that’s part of the space.
* Pricing. When you’re organizing your own event figure out what you want to charge depending on duration of the event and what you want to make doing a group. When I started out I charged $20 for a 2 hr group regression. If you partner up with yoga studios etc and the regression is part of their programming participants will pay according the studios pricing schedule and they’ll take whatever cut/split you’ve negotiated.
* Ease in facilitating. Have a piece of paper or your iPad with the outline of your regression listed; what are the different segments and their order. Also have a piece of paper/iPad note with talking topics bullet pointed. You could also consider writing out your talking material and have that in front of you.
If you organize your own event – not through a spiritual center/studio – then bring an assistant so they can take attendees’ payments, help you set up/clean up the space and take pictures/video which you can use to promote your next group.
I hope these suggestions are helpful to you feeling confident in doing group regressions. The way I structure my groups is certainly not THE way to do them; I encourage you to use whatever suggestions are helpful to you to design a group regression experience that suits your personality so you can have fun doing them.